1. Assange is and has been ready to answer questions with regards to alleged “rape” – he has not been charged with any crime in Sweden or anywhere else.
2. Assange is an has been ready to answer questions in the Ecuadorian embassy, facilitated by the Ecuadorian government.
3. Assange is ready to go to Sweden IF he can get guarantees that he won’t be deported to the US where he can possibly face the death penalty or life in prison.
4. The Ecuadorian government attempted to get guarantees that Sweden would not send Assange to the US – Sweden (and Britain) refused to provide such guarantees.
5. IF Sweden would agree to guarantees that Assange will not be sent off to the US, then 1) Assange would willingly go to Sweden to answer any questions, and Ecuador would not have granted political asylum.
Remember no criminal charges have been filed against Assange.